FIRE SAFETY MANAGER COURSE
Who should attend:
Persons given the responsibility for all Fire Safety related duties from keeping accurate and relevant records to co-ordination of the duties of Fire Wardens / Evacuation Marshals etc.
Usually 1 full day depending on clients requirements.
Meeting room, Classroom or training room.
Practical Instruction: OPTIONAL
Conducted in a safe outside area subject to Risk Assessment.
- The Role of the Fire Manager
- The Role of the Fire Warden / Marshal
- General Fire Awareness
- Arson and Security
- Liaison with Fire Service
- Human behaviour in Fire situations
- Fire Behaviour and Fire Spread
- Safety features in buildings
- Fire safety signs
- Hazard identification & Reporting
- Action in the event of a fire
- Risk Assessments
- Record keeping
- Area clearance and evacuation
- Pre-practical risk assessment & brief
- Fire Extinguishers
Practical input: OPTIONAL
- Use of a Water extinguisher for 'A' type fire on waste bin trainer
- Use of a Foam extinguisher for 'B' & 'F' type fire on liquid pan or tray simulator
- Demonstration of Fire blanket
- Use of CO2 extinguisher for fires involving an electrical hazard
Note: Practical subject to Risk Assessment and weather conditions.